The VFW and one of its major supporters, Sport Clips Haircuts, have again partnered to help our veterans and their families. The VFW's "Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship" will provide service members and veterans with the financial assistance they need to complete their educational goals without incurring excessive student loan debt. It’s just another way to say “thank you” to those who deserve it the most. Please see below for full details on the scholarship program and to apply.
See the complete list of 2015 spring semester scholarship recipients here.
- Scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded to qualified applicants
- Limited to one per family per semester
- Applications for the fall semester will be accepted January 1 through April 30
- Applications for the spring semester will be accepted August 1 through November 15
- Fall semester scholarships will be awarded in August, and spring semester scholarships will be awarded in
- Scholarships must be used by the end of the school semester for which the veteran is applying or they will become null and void
- Scholarships are restricted for tuition and fees only and will be paid directly to accredited schools
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be retired, honorably discharged, active duty, or a member of the National Guard or Reserve
- Have completed Basic Training and follow-on training (Advanced Individual Training, Technical school, etc.)
- Separated with or currently hold a military rank of E-5 or below
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Participate in, be accepted to or currently enrolled in a VA-approved program or school at an accredited post-secondary institution
- If selected, authorize the VFW and Sport Clips, Inc. to announce and publish award of your scholarship. If awarded a scholarship, the recipient's name, city, state, photograph and essay may be used for promotional purposes by the VFW and Sport Clips, Inc. without further consent from the recipient
Click here to access the scholarship application. Please note: the application will only be available during the acceptance dates stated above.
Have additional questions? Email HelpAHero@vfw.org for more information.