Businesses Honoring Veterans With Discounts
November 05, 2009
This Veterans Day, several retail businesses are raising money for programs, while other businesses are offering various discounts to veterans. VFW received the following notices about Veterans Day specials:
- Sport Clips nationwide on Veterans Day, November 11, is supporting VFW Operation Uplink™ with "The Biggest Haircut Day of the Year." On that day, Sport Clips will donate a dollar for every haircut given in our 660+ stores. Show your support for troops and veterans by getting your next haircut at Sport Clips.
- Burger King restaurants in select states across the country are raising money for VFW Unmet Needs through November 30. More than 800 Burger King restaurants are participating in the “buy a burger; donate a buck” fundraiser in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin.
- McCormick and Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants November 8 Annual Veterans Appreciation Event: Present your military ID, VFW membership card, DD214 or VA ID to enjoy a complimentary lunch or dinner entrée from a special menu. Click here to find one in your area.
- 24-Hour Fitness: Once again, 24-Hour Fitness is proud to offer Free workouts November 6-11 for ALL veterans. Visit www.24hourfitness.com for club locations. "We are so very fortunate to be Americans, and I'm honored by their humble service to our great land. I have numerous Vet's, reservists, and proud Patriots on my team who are thankful everyday for the values we hold true," said Carl Liebert, veteran and 24-Hour fitness founder.
- Golden Corral Military Appreciation Monday Dinner, November 16, 5-9 p.m.: Golden Corral restaurants across the Country open their door and provide a free “thank you” dinner to any person who has ever served in the United States Military including the National Guard and Reserves. To date, Golden Corral restaurants have provided over 2.2 million free meals and contributed over $3.3 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar, November 11: Restaurants invite all active duty and veterans to all restaurants nationwide to pull up a chair for a delicious meal and heartfelt thanks this Veterans Day. With gratitude for their service and sacrifice, active duty and veterans will eat free on Veterans Day during regular business hours. Veterans and active duty with proof of United States military service will be able to select one complimentary entrée from a selection of delicious favorites.
- Lowe’s Offers 10% Veterans Day Discount: Home improvement retailer Lowe’s Companies will offer a 10 percent discount to active-duty, National Guard and reserve members, retirees, veterans and their immediate family members, Nov. 8 through Nov. 15, in honor of Veterans Day. The Lowe’s discount can be used on purchases of up to $5,000, for a maximum discount of $500. It can be used only on purchases made in stores, and is not available for sales at Lowes.com. It does not apply to previous sales or purchases of services or gift cards. Customers must present a military ID card or other proof of service.
Since this list does not contain ALL discounts, be sure and ask if the places you are patronizing Veterans Day offer any discounts to veterans.
Also, please honor your local Marines November 10 as the Marine Corps celebrates its birthday.
BACK TO NEWS >