The VFW and one of its major supporters, Sport Clips Haircuts, have again partnered to help our veterans and their families. The VFW "Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship" will provide service members and veterans with the financial assistance they need to complete their educational goals without incurring excessive student loan debt. It’s just another way to say “thank you” to those who deserve it the most. Please see below for full details on the scholarship program and to apply.
See the complete list of 2014 spring semester scholarship recipients here.
- Scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded to qualified applicants
- Limited to one per family per semester
- Applications for the 2015 spring semester will be available August 1, 2014
- The deadline for applications for the 2014 fall semester has passed
- Scholarships will be awarded for the fall 2014 semester beginning July 2014
- Scholarships must be used by the end of the school semester for which the veteran is applying or they will become null and void
- Scholarships are restricted for tuition and fees only and will be paid directly to accredited schools
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be retired, honorably discharged, active duty, or a member of the National Guard or Reserve
- Have completed Basic Training and follow-on training (Advanced Individual Training, Technical school, etc.)
- Have a military rank of E-5 or below
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Participate in, be accepted to or currently enrolled in a VA-approved program or school at an accredited post-secondary institution
- If selected, authorize the VFW and Sport Clips, Inc. to announce and publish award of your scholarship. If awarded a scholarship, the recipient's name, city, state, photograph and essay may be used for promotional purposes by the VFW and Sport Clips, Inc. without further consent from the recipient
Applications for the spring 2015 semester will be available August 1, 2014.
If attending an apprenticeship/certification program that is not starting during a traditional semester time frame, please email HelpAHero@vfw.org for